#ad – Lactaid Ice Cream New Flavors! OMG! All Flavors are Delicious! #NoMoreDairyEnvy
Both my husband and my son are lactose intolerant. Through the years they have given up enjoying spur of the moment ice cream treats. We have invested lots of money in LACTAID® tablets over time since it has proven to be the most effective with lactose intolerance. During July, which was National Ice Cream Month, LACTAID® Ice Cream introduced two new delicious flavors to their existing line-up so those that suffer from this intolerance can indulge in a creamy scoop of their favorite cold treat, without discomfort! I am embarrassed to admit that until this campaign I didn’t even know LACTAID® made ice cream! I was aware of their other products so didn’t hesitate to jump right into a big bowl of their ice cream!
You may have heard of lactose intolerance, but may not know what it really is. Lactose intolerance is characterized by the symptoms that occur when your body does not make enough of a digestive enzyme called lactase to digest a sugar called lactose, which is found mainly in milk and other dairy products. Normally, our body produces lactase, which breaks down lactose into two simple sugars, glucose and galactose. These two sugars can then be absorbed into the bloodstream. People whose bodies don’t make enough lactase can’t fully digest lactose, causing mild to uncomfortable side effects. The Dairy Digestion Test can help you determine if you have a dairy sensitivity that may be caused by lactose.
Avoiding dairy based products that cause you discomfort is one way to battle symptoms. Taking a LACTAID® tablet prior to consumption is another and the way both my husband and son dealt with the intolerance for years. Lactaid now makes a wide variety of products that are delicious and that can be used by the entire family including milk and cottage cheese. Of course, my favorite is the LACTAID® Ice Cream!
My favorite flavor – Cookies and Cream (with a little bit of chocolate sauce):
The new varieties just introduced include:
- LACTAID® Salted Caramel Chip Ice Cream: Combines sweet caramel
swirls and dark chocolate chips with creamy lactose free ice cream.
Savor the delicious flavor with none of the discomfort.
- LACTAID® Berry Chocolate Crumble Ice Cream: Includes ripe pureed
berries and rich chocolate crumble together in a creamy ice cream
that’s 100% lactose free so there’s no discomfort. This perfectly
balanced fusion of berry and chocolate is sure to satisfy your sweet
LACTAID® Ice Cream is delicious, rich and creamy because it’s made with 100% real milk and cream, without the lactose, so it’s naturally easy to digest.
Other LACTAID® Ice Cream flavors include:
• Butter Pecan
• Cookies & Cream
LACTAID® Ice Cream flavors are available at grocery stores and Walmart nationwide for a retail price of $4.49 for one quart.
For an extra special treat, here’s a recipe created by TV Chef Melissa D’Arabian using LACTAID® ice cream:
Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Cookies
- Serves: Yield: 6 ice cream sandwiches
- Prep Time: 20 minutes + 30 inactive minutes
- Cook Time: 7-8 minutes
- Total Time: 58 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Ice cream sandwiches:
- 2 cups LACTAID® Salted Caramel Chip Ice Cream
Your choice of: (optional)*
- Crushed Pretzels
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Toffee bits
- Mini Marshmallows
- Crushed Cookies
- Crushed Graham Crackers
To make the Snickerdoodle Cookies:
- Melt the butter in a microwave in 20-second intervals. Allow to cool completely, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugars, flour, shortening, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Scoop the dough using a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop or cup measurer. Flatten with the palm of your hand, then coat the cookie in cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes on a greased baking sheet. Allow to cool completely.
To assemble ice cream cookie sandwiches:
- Place baking sheet in freezer. Bring ice cream out of freezer to soften for 2 minutes.
- Prepare any toppings by placing them in shallow bowls.
- Working quickly: Lay one cookie top side down on a baking sheet. Using 1/3 cup ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream onto the cookie. Top with second cookie, pushing down lightly until the ice cream reaches the edges. Roll in desired toppings. Place on baking sheet in the freezer. Repeat.
- Serve immediately, or wrap individually in plastic wrap for longer-term storage.
When it comes to LACTAID® Ice Cream, your guests will never know it’s not regular ice cream! Serve it for your next get together and create a topping bar! While the ice cream will be the main attraction, make sure to stock up on some classic toppings, in addition to some trendy ones. Sprinkles and cherries are great, but why not throw in some hot and spicy nuts, crushed waffle cones and fruity cereal for a twist.
I have received information and materials from McNeil Nutritionals, LLC the makers of LACTAID®. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post. #TypeAParent #Ad